How to choose a great trampoline in 2020?
| Trampo sports
Trampolines are a great way to have fun and exercise at the same time. The backyard trampoline is almost iconic and adults enjoy it as much as children.
Whether you want to replace your old trampoline or you're looking to make your very first trampoline purchase, this article contains very useful tips to help you find the perfect one for your family.
Firstly, What's your budget?
Buying a trampoline can be quite an investment, but there is no need to worry as there is something for every budget! In general, the smaller the trampoline, the cheaper it is. Tripletree Trampolines10 FT cost more than Tripletree Trampolines 12FT. People looking at in-ground trampolines need to consider the cost involved in the installation.
Secondly, How much space have you got?
- ven the smallest yard can fit a trampoline.
- There are mini models that are ideal for young children and have a frame size smaller than 1.5 m.
- If you have a small space but you want a trampoline large enough for two kids, you can go for a compact round one with a frame diameter a bit smaller than 2.5 m (8 ft). If you want a rectangle one, then your best bet would be a 2.2x3.05m (7x10ft) model. Two to three young children or a parent and a child can use this a trampoline.
- Of course, if you have a lot of backyard space, you can indulge in a mega trampoline with a radius bigger than 4.5 m and have a blast with your whole family and your kids' friends as well!
Thirdly, How old are your kids? Boys, girls or both?
- Depending on the age and gender of your children, you might want to make different choices.
- Always keep in mind that children grow fast, so a mini trampoline might not be worth it. Especially if you feel your kids will want to continue having fun, jumping up and down after they are heavier than 35 kg.
- A good trampoline can have a lifespan of 15 years. Thus it is a good idea to buy your trampoline with this in mind but considering that you want the kids to jump while they are little don't go too big.
- Young boys love round trampolines but when they grow into their teenage years they love the bigger rectangle ones.
- Boys will often jump up as high as they can and play more spontaneously. While girls prefer to follow dancing and gymnastics routines.
- As girls typically have less muscle strength than boys, a rectangle trampoline allows them to bounce higher with less effort.
- So if you have both girls and boys, a medium to large rectangle trampoline is likely a great choice.
In short, choosing the right trampoline depends on many factors, but if you have enough backyard space and mid to older kids then (generally) the bigger the better. That does not mean though that you should not get smaller trampolines when your kids are young to see if they enjoy this way of play and exercise, before proceeding to a bigger investment.
If space and budget are not an issue we recommend 12FT Round for toddlers and small kids. The 8 ft and 10 ft are the two sizes that kids tend to grow out of.
If you would like to discuss this further with us to clarify anything please feel free to email us on email@example.com or leave your comment here.